Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful


I am grateful for the month of November.  Here is why... most of the month leads up to the holiday of Thanksgiving.  This is an opportunity for me to really reflect on all the things I have been blessed with in my life.  We had a great Thanksgiving here in Logan with Josh's fam.  I love how Thanksgiving is a perfect excuse to get together with family without all the distractions that often come with Christmas.  It's a chance to visit and anticipate the upcoming Christmas holiday! November (well October 31st) is when "the holidays" begin!  We have had a great month  and it has flown by all too quickly.   Christmas is literally around the corner.

I have really tried to have the mindset of "living in the moment" this month!  ALL OF THE MOMENTS...including the moments where Kason has thrown his food on the ground...again, having a grumpy babe because his first two teeth are finally breaking through, or remaking a recipe because I put a Tablespoon of vanilla instead of a teaspoon...these moments are all a part of being a mommy and a wife so I am trying to appreciate these moments more.

We don't always expect what life is going to throw at us.  I was quickly reminded of that this month.  My mom found out that she had breast cancer.  I was in shock, so I can only imagine the shock she was feeling. What? MY Mom? Breast cancer? Nobody wants to hear that news.  I am incredibly grateful for all the support and love that we have received as a family as people have found out.  I am grateful for my faith and the comfort I feel knowing we can get through this trial as a family. I am grateful for the amazingly strong and courageous mother I have...It was no surprise that my mom was able to accept this trial with such a positive attitude.  She is human, and of course she had her ups and downs with finding out the news.  However, she too has accepted and is facing this trial with great stride.  She is amazing.  

It is a MOMENT like finding out my mom has cancer that encourages me to be grateful for ALL of the moments in my life and appreciate the things that I have been blessed with!

Here are the moments that have mad this month great!
 
My friend (since kindergarten) Cass got married!
Such a fun wedding...on the dance floor till late into the night!  Yes Josh was there too (and dancing) we just failed to get a pic! : (
Little Kase man knocked out after a day of shopping with mom and Grammy!
 Roomie get-together!  We got to see my roommates from college Sar and Megs and their hubbys and the babies!  Last time we were able to get together there were only 3 babies; Sar had just had Kam and Megan a new mom to twin boys...now there are 6!  Megs lives in Las Vegas, so we LOVE it when she comes to Utah and we can see each other!
 AMAZING!
 A picture with all of the babies looking!
(Kam, Halle, Nora, Kason, Cohen & Crew)
 Kason pushed this little stroller around the entire night!
 This handsome little man all ready for church
 Thanksgiving dinner- don't let this smile fool you.  He wasn't really a fan of any of the food.  Maybe next year when he has some teeth!
My most favorite face in the world.  "Mooches" this kid gives some great kisses!
Playing with Dad
Going in for an open mouth kiss. He didn't hold his pucker on this one! : )
 My tough mother SMILING at her first round of chemo...no surprise!

2 comments:

Taiya Brown said...

We are all praying for your mom! She is one tough lady and I love the pic of her smiling at her chemo. Definitely inspiring. Love you! xo

Diana Hulme said...

Loved all the pictures...hope things are going ok for your mama - you are in our prayers. xoxo