Sunday, May 9, 2010

HaPpY MoThErS DaY!! XoXo

Mothers are amazing! I was blessed with an amazing mother who has taught me and still teaches me some of the most important lessons for my life. She teaches by both by word and example. She is such a hard worker and has always taught me I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to. There are not words to express the appreciation and admiration I have for her! When I become a mother I know those feelings will only be stronger. Only then will I really understand all the hard loving work that goes into being a mom. My mom is not a perfect mom, but she is a fun mom, a strong mom, a courageous mom, an adventurous mom, a generous mom, a loving mom, a funny mom, a thoughtful mom, a gospel living mom, and a faithful mom, ( I could keep going!)...the kind of mother I aspire to be one day!

Love you Mama!


Then when I got married not only did I get a wonderful husband, but I also got the IDEAL Mother-in-Law. They do exist and Cheryl is proof! Some people refer to their In-Laws as "Out-Laws," among many other names...well not me! I would claim Cheryl any day!! There are so many great qualities I see in Josh that I know he was taught my his mom who possesses the same qualities; patience, kindness, generosity, selflessness...just to name a few! One of my favorite things to do with Cheryl is just LAUGH. Laugh so hard your sides hurt and you have to gasp for breath! This morning Josh woke up and was humming the primary song "Mother I Love You." So I know he was thinking of his great mom on this day.

Love you my adopted mother!


When we decided we would be moving to Kansas I was very happy to know we would have family close by; my Auntie Sonja and her family. Auntie Sonja has been like a mother to us in Kansas! Josh and I REALLY do like Kansas and I know 90% of the reason has a little something to do with being close to my aunt and her family. It is such a good feeling to know if I am having a hard day I can just pop in and see my aunt! I am truly grateful for the relationship I have with Sonja, she is an amazing woman!! She jokes that we don't know how much we will miss Kansas....I know it will be tough! Don't you fret though you can't keep us away for too long. We will be back for visits!

I love you and appreciate ALL you do for us Auntie! xoxo

No comments: