Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fun in the Sun

 
 Josh and I went on a little vae-cae to California without the babes.  I was both exited (to have some time with my husband) and sad/anxious (to leave my baby for the FIRST time overnight) in the weeks leading up to the trip.  I knew Kason would be in great hands with Grandma and Grandpa Brown, I'm just not used to being away from him would be different.  He is my little sidekick.  We had such a great time and I know Kason did too.  We were gone 4 days, which I think was the perfect number of days to be away for the first time.  Now my belief that it is good for mamma and baby to have some healthy separation is even firmer!  It is hard to get good quality time with your spouse once there is another person involved, so I was very grateful to have the time with Josh.  I forgot about some of the things that are easier to do without a baby...shop, eat out, go to the movies, layout...
Huntington Beach
 Too bad we are not closer to a beach...maybe someday!


When I was missing Kason I just had to remind myself, "Hey there would be no lazy naps by the beach if Kase man was here!" : )
 California Adventure
 Disneyland
 Yes, we even went to Disneyland with NO kids. We figured it might be our only chance!
 Josh INSISTED we go on It's a Small World, always a classic.  Kason would have LOVED all the colors and movement on this one.
 Mouseketeers : )
Newport Beach, one of my favorite beaches!
 I decided while we were here that I would honestly LOVE to live in California.  I always thought I wanted to live somewhere with 4 distinct seasons, but it would be hard to dislike a place where you can be outside pretty much any day of the year!  We would just have to take a lot of ski trips : )
 As you can see this boy was well taken care of.  I missed him like crazy, but frequent pictures like these made me worry free and enjoy our time in sunny Cali!  THANKS again to my wonderful mother and father in law for taking such good care of Kase!


No comments: