Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AND THE DECISION IS...

After about a month of weighing out the two options- University of Pittsburgh or University of Kansas, we have come to our decision. It is funny how things work out. About a week ago we were about 90% sure on Pittsburgh- then one night after Josh was doing some more research he said, " I just feel like we should go to Kansas...then I can become a storm chaser." I was very surprised by this statement because Josh was secretly rooting for Pitt all along. So KU it is!(Okay, I lied about the storm chaser part...but just picture it for a second! ha ha)

I will be starting my MSW ( Masters of Social Work) the first week of June. The program is a year so I will finish June 2010 and Josh plans to do his MBA fall 2010. It is a little bittersweet...it will be hard to be further from our families, and leave our little life in Logan, but we know it will be a great experience for us. Thanks again for all of the support we have gotten in making our decision especially from our families.

4 comments:

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Jess. Don't leave me! I will miss you at work. No. I really am happy for you but seriously what will we do at Uinta?

Diana Hulme said...

You're going to be just like little Dorothy. Have you seen Wicked? It's great. By the way, congratulations. :)

Doug & Randi said...

Haha I was dying about the storm chaser thing. I think that is his secret ambition too. Well, you were going to be way too far away from me either way you chose so I am happy for you guys! PS...great job on the jeans. I need to start doing that. I have gotton mad at Nordstrom, etc for hemming them too short or too long. UGH! Better to take matters into your own hands.

Greg and Sarah said...

i'm gonna miss you!