Sunday, February 15, 2009

Made with love


Not only did I use my sewing machine for one project this week, but for two! My mother in law got the cutest idea from her friend to make these Valentine packages. This project took a couple of nights but it was so much fun. Cheryl and I had lots of laughs on this project......



The project is pretty easy...
1. Take some vinyl from your local fabric store- even WalMart has it.
2. You get your Valentine and Treats (small candy bars, small toys or trinkets, etc.).
3. You sew off three sides we used a zig-zag stitch with red thread.
4. Then you slide in your goodies and sew off sections.

The valentine has the address on it so you can actually take it to the post office as is and they will mail your package of love off...My family especially the boys were excited to get their package of love!

I modified this project a little to do some Valentines for the girls at the residential treatment center I work at. Although I did not make these ones to be eaten, they turned out pretty cute. I just paired their valentines with a pink rice crispy treat. One of the girls said, "Thanks Jess... I did not know you were so crafty?" (really I am not) Thanks Cheryl for your help on the Valentines it was so much fun craftin' it up together is one of my new favorite past times! : )

3 down 14 to go...

No comments: