Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kansas or Pittsburgh?!

University of Kansas?
University of Pittsburgh?


So Josh and I have a big decision to make...Do we want to live in Kansas or Pittsburgh?? I got accepted to graduate school at University of Kansas and University of Pittsburgh. I will be getting my Masters in Social Work. Both schools have really good social work programs... "It's kinda like picking between apples and apples," as my former professor put it when asking his advice. Even though both places are far away (from home) we are excited for what the next couple years has to offer. I am especially grateful at this time for all the people in my life who have supported me in getting to this point!! I am so thankful I have a supportive husband who knows this is important to me, and stuck by my in my stress of applying for grad school- thanks babe. So seriously if anyone has input especially if you have visited BOTH places I would love to hear it!

5 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

NEITHER!!! Salt Lake! Just kidding. I have been to Pitt, and only drove through Kansas. I bet you would like both!! Is Josh more a Steelers fan or a Chiefs fan? That's the most important q! XOXO I am sooo proud of you my little SW buddy!!!

Nick and Megan said...

Jess!! I had no idea. That is so exciting. I am going to have to say Pitt. I haven't been to either but I have a friend who went on a mission there and loved it!! Except I think that Kansas is a little warmer. We all know that you love the sun and being tan!! Thats hard. When would you leave? Can Nick and I come visit you?!!

Emily said...

Wow, I had no idea you were going to grad school. That is so great Jess, congratulations! I vote for Pittsburg only becasue it is so close to many other neat places on the east coast and of all the history there. But like that really matters! Ha ha. Good luck choosing and to the next few years!

Ky and Kel said...

I don't want you guys to leave :( We need you Brown's around! But I would say Pittsburg, so that Kyle and Josh can go to a Steelers game. Kansas sounds kind of boring, but maybe that is because I think of the Wizard of Oz.

The Dudley Bunch said...

Tim served his mission in KC, it is actually really beautiful there, but you are in tornado country...on the flip side, you are close to lots of church history sites...hmmm. I think you'll have fun either place